LIVE FILE: Wyoming Cowboys at UNLV Rebels
LAS VEGAS, Nev., -- We typically live Tweet thoughts and insights throughout the game -- and still will today -- but let's condense it all into one spot. All you need to do is refresh this page throughout today's contest.
Wyoming (6-3, 3-2) will look to keep its Mountain West title hopes alive today in Sin City against the upstart UNLV Rebels (7-2, 4-1) inside Allegiant Stadium. With a win, the Cowboys will leapfrog the home team in the standings and hold the eventual tie-breaker.
A loss, and it's all over.
The Pokes hold a slight 14-11 advantage in the overall series, but have won 10 of the last 14 meetings, including the last two. Those both came via the blowout: a 53-17 win over the Rebels in Laramie in 2019 and a 45-14 victory in front of now fans inside this building in 2020.
Kickoff is slated for 8:45 p.m. Mountain Time and the game will be televised on FS1.
Have you missed any of our coverage this week? If so, you can find it all right HERE.
You can also check out the 7220sports.com Kickoff Show right HERE.
Have you downloaded our free mobile app yet? Do that right HERE.
* Lots of Brown and Gold wandering around Sin City today. Big Cowboys Joe Party over at the Mandalay Bay.
* This is not the biggest crowd I have ever seen. Lots of Wyoming fans in the stands, but this is sad for a UNLV team that is playing really well.
* This home crowd is really bad. UNLV deserves so much better than this from its fanbase.
* Asante with a really nice return on the opening kick. Pokes will start this drive at the 32. Had a seam ...
* No Harrison Waylee on this opening drive
* Peasley had Asante wide open on 3rd and long. Went for the big throw instead and Pelissier couldn't hang on. Punt team coming out
* There's Ricky White with a big gainer. Maiava put the right between the CB and safety for a 56-yard gainer.
* UNLV into the end zone. Maiava trots right in on the third snap of the night. Yikes. UNLV 7 Wyoming 0 12:52/ 1Q
* Nice little 3-play, 70-yard opening drive for the home team. Took a whopping 21 seconds off the clock. Maiava with the 10-yard touchdown run. Ugly start for the Cowboys.
* UNLV with the strip sack, recovers at the Pokes' 29. RT Caden Barnett is also down on the play. Bad meet worse.
* Jayden Maiava from a yard out. That's the QB's second TD on as many drives. UNLV 14 Wyoming 0 8:47/ 1Q
* Wyoming can't pick up a 3rd-and-2. Here comes Clayton Stewart again
* UW SID told me he has no official word on Harrison Waylee, who is standing on the sideline with his helmet on.
* Thomas into the end zone. Three UNLV drives ... Three UNLV touchdowns. The visitors are absolutely lifeless. UNLV 21 Wyoming 0 4:22/ 1Q
* Cowboys offense has 10 total yards, all on the ground. UNLV, 166
* Peasley with a 13-yard run. Wyoming's initial first down of the game comes with 3:48 to go in the first quarter
* Peasley promptly fumbles the snap and falls on it for a loss of 6.
* Evan Svoboda is warming up on the sideline.
* *FUMBLE* First break of the day for the Pokes Maiava fumbled the snap and Sabastian Harsh jumped on the loose change. Peasley still under center.
* Peasley with a nice little dump off right there to John Michael Gyllenborg. Pokes finally inside UNLV territory tonight.
* *TOUCHDOWN* Andrew Peasley with a nifty run from 32 yards out to put the Pokes on the board early in the second quarter. UNLV 21 Wyoming 7 14:09/ 2Q
* Wyoming's defense with a stop on 3rd-and-1. Here comes the UNLV punt unit, finally.
* Harrison Waylee is now in the game. He picks up five on his first carry
* A bad snap killed that third-down play before it ever started. That one was on Fia.
* Tyrecus Davis just mistimed his jump or that would've been a pick.
* *TURNOVER ON DOWNS* Tyce Westland with a TFL on a 4th-and-short. Big time play by the youngster. Wyoming ill take over at its own 49. UNLV 21 Wyoming 7 9:15/2Q
* Peasley with an 8-yard strike to Pelissier on 3rd and 7. Big, big pickup.
* Peasley with a first-down pickup. Pokes inside the UNLV 20
* *TOUCHDOWN* Peasley from 5 yards out on the keeper. That is his second rushing touchdown of the night. Pokes are fighting back in this one. UNLV 21 Wyoming 14 3:13/ 2Q
* That was a 10-play, 51-yard drive that took 6:02 off the clock. The TD is under review, but it looked like Peasley rolled over on the defender and was never down. If this stands, that's 14 unanswered from UW. That Tyce Westland TFL could be a turning point in this one.
* Refs say Peasley's arm was down. Pokes with a first and goal from the 1.
* *TOUCHDOWN* This one is definitely in. Wyatt Wieland scores on the jet sweep. UNLV 21 Wyoming 14 2:58/ 2Q
* Rebels facing a 3rd and 15 right here. Kolbey Taylor with a really nice play on second and long, nearly snags an INT. UNLV 21 Wyoming 14 1:58/2Q
* Wyoming has two timeouts, ball at the 9, 1:46 to go ... Does Bohl do anything right here?
* Defender falls down and Wieland hauls in a long one. Pokes now at the UNLV 45.
* Cowboys facing a 3rd and 5 from the UNLV 40 with 1:07 to go and two timeouts in the back pocket.
* Peasley hits Asante for a gain of six. Drive is alive and well with 1:03 left in the half. Big play.
* Svoboda comes in after Peasley's helmet pops off and throws and absolute dime to welch on the sideline. Pokes at the UNLV 11 with 36 ticks to go
* Peasley with an inexcusable throw to the far sideline in double coverage and it's picked off. Brutal. Cowboys were knocking on the door. UNLV 21 Wyoming 14 0:12/2Q
* Man, that was a splash of cold water on an otherwise nice comeback for the Cowboys, who went down 21-0 in the blink of an eye.
University of Wyoming’s Top 50 Football Players
Gallery Credit: 7220Sports.com
- University of Wyoming’s Top 50 Football Players