Live File: Wyoming Cowboys vs. Toledo Rockets
TUCSON, Ariz., -- This one's for Craig.
Wyoming's longest-tenured head coach will ride off into the sunset after today's Arizona Bowl matchup with Toledo. A win will give this program nine wins for the first time since 1996. It would give Bohl a 61-60 overall record during his time in Laramie.
It would add some more hardware to the ol' trophy case.
Kickoff is slated for 2:30 p.m. Mountain Time and the game will be televised on The CW. Barstoolsports.com will also stream the contest.
Follow along and refresh throughout today's game for insights and updates.
Have you missed any of our coverage this week? If so, you can find it all right HERE.
You can also check out the 7220sports.com Kickoff Show right HERE.
Have you downloaded our free mobile app yet? Do that right HERE.
* Wyoming players are wearing white undershirts that read "One last ride," in reference to Bohl's final game.
* It is currently a picturesque winter day in the desert, temperatures hovering around 70 degrees. Truly a perfect day for football.
* Eric Rhodes, VP of Communications for the Arizona Bowl, said on Thursday 28,000-plus tickets "are out." for this contest. He said a spike came after Bohl's announcement. Wyoming fans, to the surprise of absolutely no one, outnumber the Toledo faithful -- by a lot. Last season's meeting between Wyoming and Ohio drew roughly 25,000, according to Rhodes.
* Master P, for those of you who are into late 90's hip-hop, is in attendance today. Why? No clue.
* Former Wyoming quarterback Sean Chambers, wearing Wyoming gear, is on the sideline today, too. Chambers spent the previous two seasons at Montana State where he threw for 1,510 yards and 17 touchdowns. The Kerman, Calif., product, who suited up for the Pokes from 2018-21, also rushed for 1,504 yards and 32 touchdowns.
* Pokes win the toss, will defer. Jay Sawvel's mom told him this D better play well today. They're up first
* Easton Gibbs blows through the Toledo line untouched on a 3rd and 6 and lights up Gleason. Three and out.
* Waylee with back-to-back big gainers. Fumbled on the second carry. Wyoming recovers.
* This initial drive started at the UW 6-yard line. Pokes rolling so far. Whoever this OC is, he's off to a good start
* Drive stalls at the 17. Peasley can't connect with Gyllenborg
* *FIELD GOAL* Hey, hey ... John Hoyland hammers home a 34-yard field goal to put the Pokes on the board first here in Tucson. Wyoming 3 Toledo 0 6:31/1Q
* That was a mostly impressive 13-play, 77-yard drive for the Cowpokes. Wyoming rushed for 57 yards on eight carries and Peasley was 3-4 through the air.
* What a play right there. Wyoming with the all-out blitz, Toledo had the screen pass for the touchdown, it was bobbled by the running back and right into the hands of an offensive lineman, who rumbles 29 yards for the touchdown. You'll see that highlight again.
* Illegal touching erases the fat guy touchdown. Toledo instead will go back five yards and be facing a 3rd-and-15 from the 34. Play is under review.
* *INTERCEPTION* Isaac White snags the easy pick at the Cowboys' 2-yard line. That was essentially a punt. Pokes will take over with 2:14 remaining in the first quarter. Wyoming 3 Toledo 0
* Peasley with a dime to Gyllenborg on 3rd and 1. Beautiful 36-yard hookup right there. We're at the end of the first here in Tucson. Wyoming 3 Toledo 0 END OF FIRST
*Peasley with some Houdini action in the backfield. Great blocking up front. Finds Marquez for the big third-down pickup. Ball at the Toledo 41.
* Peasley drops another one in the bucket there. Alex Brown can't hang on.
* * FIELD GOAL* Hoyland bounces one off the crossbar from 52 yards out. He is 2-for-2 on the afternoon. Wyoming 6 Toledo 0 11:20/ 2Q
* Wyoming's two drives so far in this game have featured double-digit snaps. The latest a 10-play, 63-yard drive that took 5:54 off the clock.
* Toledo with a nice offensive drive that stalled out at the 15. Rockets are on the board after a 33-yard field goal. That was a 10-play, 60-yard drive that chewed up just 2:38. Wyoming 6 Toledo 3 8:36/ 2Q
* No Peny Boone, no problem. That's an 80-yard touchdown run for Stuart. He blazed right past Isaac White on the sideline. Toledo 10 Wyoming 6 5:19/ 2Q
* Toledo's D has clamped down here in the second quarter. Here comes the UW punt team.
* Peasley and Co. will get the ball back at their own 13 with 1:23 to go in the half. Aggressive? Please?
* Aggressive was the last thing on Bohl's mind with 1:23 to go. Pokes head into the locker room after three runs and with two timeouts left in the pocket. "Middle 8" is an overrated stat someone once told me in a press conference. Toledo 10 Wyoming 6 HALFTIME
* Peasley mishandles the opening snap of the third quarter and gets the ball in the belly of Waylee, who was ripped down by the facemask. Disaster averted.
* Tyce Westland brings the heat on third-and-long. Toledo will punt.
* Wyoming's offense has struggled mightily since the first quarter. Bad field position hasn't helped. This drive starts at the 6.
* Toledo with a safety. Peasley was hammered from the blindside by Carter on a 3rd and 8. Toledo 12 Wyoming 6 6:31/3Q
* Wyoming's D couldn't get any pressure on Gleason on that 3rd-and-10. Easy completion over the middle and the Rockets are rolling.
* Rockets pick up the 4th-and-9. Ouch. Toledo ball at the UW 12
* Easton Gibbs with a strip sack. Refs never blew the whistle. Ball now at the Toledo 36. Could be a big swing here. Play under review
* That is deemed an incomplete pass. Right call. Toledo will attempt the short field goal.
* Pawlak tacks on another 33-yard field goal. Toledo has scored 15 unanswered. Toledo 15 Wyoming 6 2:04/ 3Q
* Toledo hit with a targeting call after going helmet-to-helmet with a sliding Peasley. Pokes ball at the 49. Daniel Bolden is getting an early shower
* This offense is ... ugly. Clayton Stewart just got an earful from Bohl for the second time this afternoon after that latest 25-yard dud. Uninspiring. To say the least.
* This feels very App State-ish. It might take another miracle. Wyoming's D just forced a punt and the Pokes will take over at their own 27 after a 20-yard boot.
* Peasley with a nifty run but it came at a cost. He is on the ground. Doesn't look good
* Wyoming's crowd with a huge hand for QB1, who got up to his feet
* *TOUCHDOWN* Evan Svoboda from a yard out bullies his way over the stripe. Way to cap a really nice drive led by Peasley. Toledo 15 Wyoming 13 8:37/4Q
* Peasley is down again. This looks to be it for No. 6. Dude always left it out there. Tough as they come.
University of Wyoming’s Top 50 Football Players
Gallery Credit: 7220Sports.com
- University of Wyoming’s Top 50 Football Players