* University of Wyoming press release
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Noesjka Brink continued her torrid start the 2023-24 campaign Thursday at the ITA Mountain Regional, hosted by the University of Utah. Brink won a pair of singles matches on the day and has now advanced to Friday’s quarterfinals.
Brink notched a pair of hard-fought, straight-set wins Thursday. She began the day with a 7-6 (7-5) and 6-4 win over Boise State’s Pauline Ernstberger. Brink then closed the day out with a 7-5, 6-4 win over Katherine Jhang of New Mexico. Brink has already won one title this fall, winning the Jon Messick Invitational earlier this month.
The doubles team of Violetta Borodina and Sophie Zehender also advanced Thursday. The duo will play in the Round of 16 Friday after recording an 8-3 victory over Grace Haugen and Rosie Sterk of Montana.
The tandem of Borodina and Zehender are also looking for their second title this fall. The duo won the Bedford Cup to begin the fall slate.
MORE UW FOOTBALL NEWS VIA 7220SPORTS:
* Wyoming Football: News and notes ahead of Boise State
* 7220sports.com Kickoff Show: Cowpokes need to regroup, refocus
* Wyoming's Craig Bohl remembers the late Paul Roach
* Wyoming Cowboys in the NFL: Week 6
* Wyoming, Boise State kickoff time set
* Wyoming Football: News and notes ahead of bye week
* Three stars of the Game: Pokes vs. Falcons
* Turning point, unsung hero and what's next for UW football
* Tuck's Take: Football gods MIA in disheartening loss at Air Force
* Wyoming falls late at Air Force, 34-27
* Rants & Raves: Air Force Edition
* Behind the numbers: Wyoming vs. Air Force
* 7220sports.com Kickoff Show: Kings of the Mountain?
* Know Wyoming's Foe: Air Force Falcons
* Show us your picks: Week Seven
* How do you even begin to prepare for this Air Force offense?
From Bison to Triceratops - All of Wyoming's Official Things
Every state in our nation has chosen things that represent the state in one way or another to be official state things. Like a flower, or animal. Wyoming
is no different.
The Equality State, or the Cowboy State, depending on which state slogan you want to go with, has a state flower. But did you know we also have a state tree and a state fish? Yes, we even have a state code.
To be an official thing, a member of the state legislature must write and submit a bill to the legislature declaring that a thing will be the official state thing. Then the legislature votes to pass the bill, or not, if it passes, the governor signs the bill into law and we have a new official state thing.
Here is what we have so far, all of Wyoming's official things. Now you can win big on Wyo Trivia Night if that's a thing that exists.
Gallery Credit: Ben Kuhns
- From Bison to Triceratops - All of Wyoming's Official Things