Cowboys Travel to San Diego for the 2023 Lamkin Classic
* University of Wyoming press release
LARAMIE -- Coming off its second tournament victory of the 2022-23 season at its own Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate on Friday in Palm Desert, Calif., the Wyoming Cowboys continue their California trip as they travel to San Diego for the 2023 Lamkin San Diego Classic on Monday and Tuesday, March 6-7.
* The Cowboys’ tournament championship at the Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate was their second team championship of the 2022-23 season as they also won the Mark Simpson Colorado Invitational during the 2022 fall season.
* The Lamkin San Diego Classic will be hosted by San Diego State and the University of San Diego and will be played on the San Diego Country Club in Chula Vista, Calif., south of San Diego.
* This year’s tournament field will include 15 teams, including four teams ranked among the Top 50 teams in the country.
* The 54-hole event will include two 18-hole rounds on Monday and a final 18-hole round on Tuesday.
2023 Lamkin San Diego Classic
* The 15 teams in this year’s field include: hosts San Diego State and San Diego, BYU, California, Colorado State, Denver, Hawai’i, Loyola Marymout, Nevada, New Mexico, Saint Mary’s, San Francisco, UCLA, Washington and Wyoming.
* Five Mountain West schools will be in the field: Wyoming, Colorado State, Nevada, New Mexico and San Diego State.
Highest Ranked Teams in the Field
* As of the most recent college golf rankings, here are the highest ranked teams entering the tournament:
* Golfstat Rankings (As of Feb. 28): Colorado State (20), San Diego State (30), Washington (34) and BYU (35)
* Sagarin Rankings (As of March 2) : Colorado State (20), San Diego State (32), Washington (33) and BYU (39)
* Live scoring will be available on GolfStat.com at: https://results.golfstat.com//
Lamkin San Diego Classic Course Information
* San Diego Country Club, 7,033 yards, Par 72
Tournament Format and Tee Times
* 36 holes on Monday, March 6, 8:30 a.m., M.T., Shotgun
* 18 holes on Tuesday, March 7, 9:00 a.m., M.T., Off Holes 1 and 10