Cowgirls fall at No. 19 Oklahoma
* University of Wyoming Athletics media relations release
NORMAN, Okla., -- The Wyoming Cowgirl tennis team concluded its first few days of spring play Monday afternoon on the road, losing to 19th-ranked Oklahoma, 7-0.
At the No. 1 singles position, Maria Oreshkina won a set over the Sooners’ Carmen Corley, 7-5, but ultimately lost the match after dropping the third set tiebreaker 10-5. At the No. 2 spot, Noesjka Brink’s four-match winning streak was snapped in a 6-2 and 6-3 defeat to Ivana Corley.
Oklahoma won the first two doubles matches of the day, at No. 1 and 3. The Cowgirls were trailing in the No. 2 position match before play was suspended after OU took the doubles point.
Wyoming now has a six-day break before they face Northeastern State January 23 in a 3 p.m., match as the Cowgirls will play their fifth match to open spring play in the state of Oklahoma.
Wyoming at No. 19 Oklahoma
1/17/22 in Norman, Okla.
Oklahoma 7, Wyoming 0
1. Carmen Corley (OU) def. Maria Oreshkina (WYO) 6-0, 5-7, 1-0 (10-5)
2. Ivana Corley (OU) def. Noesjka Brink (WYO) 6-2, 6-3
3. Layne Sleeth (OU) def. Ana Fernandez (WYO) 6-0, 6-0
4. Anchisa Chanta (OU) def. Ida Krause (WYO) 6-0, 6-0
5. Alex Pisareva (OU) def. Lucia Malinak (WYO) 6-2, 6-0
6. Emma Staker (OU) def. Serina Abriola (WYO) 6-0, 6-0
1. Corley/Corley (OU) def. Krause/Oreshkina (WYO) 6-1
2. Sleeth/Pisareva (OU) vs. Brink/Mihaela Kaftanova (WYO) unfinished
3. Chanta/Staker (OU) def. Fernandez/Malinak (WYO) 6-0
Here Are Words And Phrases That Drive Wyomingites Crazy
- Here Are Words And Phrases That Drive Wyomingites Crazy