Wyoming Returns to Competition on Monday and Tuesday at the 2022 Ram Masters Invitational
* University of Wyoming press release
LARAMIE -- The Wyoming men’s golf team will play its second tournament of the season this coming Monday and Tuesday in Fort Collins, Colo., at the Ram Masters Invitational.
The Ram Masters was first played starting in 2012. Wyoming has enjoyed great success at the Ram Masters in past seasons, including having two individual tournament champions -- Drew McCullough in 2014 and Dan Starzinski in 2018.
Starzinski holds the Ram Masters’ record for lowest 54-hole total, shooting a 199 (-11) in 2018 to capture individual medalist honors.
The Pokes recorded their three best team finishes at the Ram Masters from 2017 to 2019, placing third in 2017, sixth in 2018 and second in 2019. In 2017, UW’s John Murdock finished second and his 204 (-6) total still ranks as the fifth-lowest tournament score in Ram Masters’ history. In 2018, Starzinski won the Ram Masters, and in 2019 current Cowboy seniors Kirby Coe-Kirkham and Tyler Severin finished 16th and 22nd, respectively to lead the Cowboys to their second-place finish.
Severin is also in the Ram Masters record book with the second lowest individual round score of a 64 (-6), which he shot in the second round in 2019. McCullough is tied with Severin for that second lowest round, as he fired a 64 (-6) in the first round in 2017.
Last season, Wyoming placed ninth in a 16-team field and three Cowboys finished in the Top 25 individuals, including former Cowboy Bryce Waters, who placed 16th, and current Cowboys Patrick Azevedo and Jimmy Dales, who both tied for 22nd.
2022 Ram Masters Invitational Information
• The Ram Masters Invitational will feature 16 collegiate teams from across the country
• The 16 teams in this year’s field are: Air Force, Cal State Fullerton, Colorado, Colorado State, Creighton, Denver, Gonzaga, Northern Colorado, Pacific, Sacramento State, South Dakota State, Texas A&M Commerce, UC San Diego, Utah Valley, Wichita State and Wyoming.
• Live scoring will be available on GolfStat.com at: https://results.golfstat.com//
• Fort Collins Country Club, 7,218 yards, Par 70
• 36 holes on Monday, Sept. 19
• 18 holes on Tuesday, Sept. 20
• Monday: Shotgun start beginning at 8 a.m. (M.T.)
• Tuesday: Start on Holes 1 and 10 beginning at 8 a.m. (M.T.)
Cowboys’ Top 25 Finishes: Here is a breakdown of the four current Cowboys who have posted Top 25 finishes during their college careers at Wyoming.
Player, 2021 Class Top 25 Finishes Top 25 Finishes
Kirby Coe-Kirkham, Jr. 0
Tyler Severin, Jr. 1
Jimmy Dales, RSo. 0
Patrick Azevedo, RFr. 0
*Top 25 finishes don’t include individual only competitions, such as the individual portion of the Gene Miranda Falcon Invitational.
30 Ways To Say You're From Wyoming Without Saying You're From Wyoming
- 30 Ways To Say You're From Wyoming Without Saying You're From Wyoming