Wyoming’s Burkett Claims Second Straight Shot Put Title
* University of Wyoming press release
GREELEY & GOLDEN, Colo., -- The University of Wyoming Track & Field teams were split up at the Tom Bench Invitational in Greeley, Colo., and the Kit Mayer Classic in Golden, Colo., on Saturday afternoon.
Get our free mobile app
The events were hosted by the University of Northern Colorado and the Colorado School of Mines.
- Cameron Burkett won the Shot Put for the second week in a row. The Freshman threw 56-9.50 for the top spot. Gage Griffith went 49-1.75 to take fourth.
- Kaitlyn Disbrow took the first-place finish in the Javelin with a throw of 126-5.
- Nathan Reid went 177-8 in the Discus to hold of his competition for the top spot in the event. Cowboy Tarique George went 170-10 to take third place.
- Cosette Stellern went 160-11 to take fourth place on the women's side of the Discus.
- Remar Pitter went 23-3.25 in the Long Jump to take the top spot in the event. McMullen countered on the women's side with a win of her own for the Cowgirls. McMullen went 19-4. Freshman Nyomi Moore took third in the event with a jump of 18-1.75.
- Jefferson Danso went No. 1 in the Triple Jump with a mark of 46-10.75 while Aumni Ashby did the same for the Cowgirls with a jump of 40-5.
- Jasmyne Cooper took eighth in the 800M running a time of 2:24.71.
- The following happened In Golden, Colo., at the Kit Mayer Classic.
- Asefa Wetzel ran a 3:55.02 in the 1500 to take second place. Libby Berryhill and Roslyn Slichko went 4:49.94 and 4:50.55 to notch fourth and fifth place finishes.
- In the final race of the day for the Pokes, Molly Sitter and Maddy Willis took sixth and seventh int he 5000M running times of 19:15.11 and 19:22.31.
- Hailey Esser ran a 58.72 to take second place in the 400M.
- Sadie McMullen went 12.44 in the 100M for a second place finish while Kiona Gonzales-Gibbs took seventh with a time of 12.84.
- Carter McComb took sixth place in the men's 100M with a sprint of 11.02.
- Jenae Ramirez went 1:03.20 in the 400M Hurdles to take third place.
- Gonzales-Gibbs and Esser went two-three for the Cowgirls in the 200M with times of 25.53 and 25.71 respectively.
- Darius Wiggins and McComb took fourth and sixth place on the men's side of thee event. The Cowboys ran 21.89 and 22.31.
Next up the Pokes will head west to California to compete at the Mt. SAC Relays, Pacific Coast Intercollegiate, Long Beach Invitational and the Bryan Clay Invitational.
Stay up to date on Wyoming Track & Field by following @wyo_track on Twitter.
12 Cringeworthy Things Guaranteed to Piss Off Wyomingites
There are just certain things Wyomingites don't want to see or hear. Check out these 12 things that are guaranteed to anger someone from Wyoming.
- 12 Cringeworthy Things Guaranteed to Piss Off Wyomingites