Height: 6' 4"
Position: Defensive end
High School: Pleasanton
Hometown: Pleasanton, Neb.
Star ranking: 2
Other offers/ interest: Nebraska
Q: Why did you choose to come to Wyoming?
A: We vacationed in Wyoming when I was younger. I got to walk around campus and the football field and have loved it ever since. When I got a chance to talk to the coaches, they were easy to connect with and made me feel like it would be a great place to continue school and football.
Q: What other schools were recruiting you?
A: Quite a few Division II MIAA schools: UNK, Pitt State, Washburn, Northwest Missouri State to name a few. Division I: Iowa State, Nebraska, Kansas, Northwestern, Akron, South Dakota State, South Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota State.
Q: What position will you play at UW?
A: Weakside Defensive End.
Q: What are you looking forward to most about playing in Laramie?
A: I am looking forward to playing in front of a supportive fan base and playing for a well-respected coaching staff.
Q: This is obviously a weird year, did you have a chance to even visit Laramie with no official visits this fall?
A: I didn’t get a chance to visit this year but have visited in the past. I got to do some skiing at Snowy Range and enjoyed my time spent in Laramie. My family and I plan to make another trip to Laramie over Christmas break.
Q: What do you want Wyoming fans to know about you?
A: Some fun facts about me include:
- I competed in the Nebraska State Track meet in the 4 x 100 relay with a broken foot.
- I enjoy kayaking down the river with friends.
- I enjoy hunting.
- I am a multisport athlete…football, basketball, and track.
- Most importantly, I want the fans to know that I am wholeheartedly committed to Wyoming football
Other articles on Westland:
- Pleasanton's Tyce Westland commits to Wyoming football
- Hub Territory 6/8-man Player of the year: Versatile Westland all over the field for Pleasanton
- Pleasanton's Westland commits to Wyoming football