2023 Wyoming Cowboy Football Gameday Information
* University of Wyoming press release
LARAMIE -- University of Wyoming Athletics looks forward to another exciting and successful season. The Cowboys open the 2023 season on Sept. 2 at 5:30 p.m. against Texas Tech.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early into the stadium as a large crowd is expected for the season opener against the Red Raiders.
First Aid station are in the upper east side and lower west side of the stadium. We want all Cowboy football fans to have an enjoyable experience inside War Memorial Stadium, while providing for a friendly and safe environment for fans of all ages.
After being closed for much of the summer, 15th Street has reopened through the University of Wyoming campus.
The street was closed primarily between Lewis Street and Sorority Row as a result of utility work to support the UW's campus housing project. Additional closures of 15th Street will be necessary during the housing project before its scheduled conclusion in 2025, but none are expected for the remainder of this construction season.
The reopening of 15th Street will allow members of the local community and those visiting for Saturday's UW-Texas Tech football game to see the progress being made on the housing project, which involves construction of two new residence halls and a new dining facility to enhance the student experience. The project necessitated the closure of the former parking lot east of the Wyoming Union.
No other street closures are in place on the UW campus, although there is construction along both 15th and Ninth streets -- as well as Willett Drive for a major addition to the College of Law Building.
Please visit this link for road closure information in the Laramie Area ahead of the contest.
Starting August 25th all University of Wyoming students will need to have the Wyo Gameday App downloaded for entry into all athletic events. The wild bunch app will no longer work for students. Learn more by visiting the link here.
Clear Bag Policy
Wyoming will continue its use of the Clear Bag Policy this season. Please look at the items below for what is permitted and prohibited.
WHAT IS THE WYOMING REWARDS PROGRAM?
The Wyoming Athletics Department rewards its most loyal fans for their commitment to attending sporting events and cheering on the Cowboys and Cowgirls. Attend athletic events and earn points towards FREE prizes! Learn more by clicking here.
- Accessible Transportation– Wyoming Athletics offers golf cart shuttles for transporting disabled patrons from the four concourse entrances up and down the ramps in War Memorial Stadium. Should you require shuttle service, please wait at the bench provided near the bottom of each ramp. For assistance leaving the stadium, please wait at the top of the nearest ramp.
- ADA Elevators are located on the lower east side (Wildcatter Lobby) and lower west side (press box entrance) for assistance to the upper concourses. Event Staff members can escort you to both elevators upon request.
- ADA Accessible Seating – Accessible seating is available on the Upper West side and Upper and Lower East side of the Stadium. Fans are encouraged to contact the WYO Athletic Ticket Office in advance to purchase tickets in these areas. Arrangements for seats that accommodate wheelchairs can be made in advance by contacting the WYO Athletic Ticket Office. Arrangements may also be made in advance for additional guests to accompany the wheelchair user in those areas if seating is available.
- ADA Parking- ADA parking for fans with state issued handicapped parking placards is available in parking lots AA, D, S, FA, H and the Cowboy Field Lot. You must present your placard and display it appropriately while your vehicle is parked.
- Accessible parking is free and on a first come first served basis.
- There is an ADA shuttle from the Cowboy Field Lot (off of Willett Drive) during games.
- The ADA shuttle will begin two hours prior to kickoff and run until 30 minutes after the completion of the game.
- Every person three years of age and older requires a ticket for admission
- Alcohol is not allowed to be brought into War Memorial Stadium.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume beer inside War Memorial Stadium.
- Your ID must be checked and receive a wristband in order to purchase beer inside War Memorial Stadium. Please make sure your wristband is visible at all times.
- Only two beers can be purchased at one time.
- Beer sales will stop at the end of the 3rd Quarter.
- Beer sellers reserve the right to not serve any individual that is displaying signs of over intoxication
- Drink Responsibly!
- Bathrooms are located on every concourse. There are two gender/family bathrooms on the east concourse between sections 1-8.
- Animals are not permitted in Athletic Department facilities. Special admittance may be granted for service animals and team mascots with their official handlers.
- There are 4 ATM location one located on each concourse.
- Folding baby strollers (collapsible umbrella-style) are allowed in War Memorial Stadium during athletic events if they can be placed under the patron's seat. Individuals arriving at an event with a stroller that does not adhere to this "fold-up design" will be asked to return it to their car.
Banners/Flags and Signs
- All such materials are prohibited at Wyoming Athletic events unless specifically approved by the Wyoming Athletics Department. Non-political/non-commercial signs are permissible at games as long as they are in good taste and do not block the view of fans. Flags or banners on sticks/poles are prohibited at all UW Athletic Events.
- The beer garden is near the south endzone, where you can find more beer stands and multiple picnic tables.
- Flash photography and video cameras are not permitted at University of Wyoming Athletic events.
- The cannon is in the grass area southwest of the video board near gate 1. The cannon is operated by ROTC and goes off during the national anthem and anytime Wyoming scores.
Clear Bag Policy
- Each ticket holder, including children, will be allowed to enter with one clear plastic bag. Fans will be able to carry the following styles and bag sizes into Wyoming's athletic facilities:
- Bags (including clear backpacks) that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the venue with one of the clear plastic bags. The bag cannot be larger than 5" x 7".
- Additional clothing is permitted if carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Blankets, etc. are permitted if carried over the shoulder upon entry.
- Exceptions will be made for approved medical items after proper inspection.
- For more information click here
- There are various concession stands on each level and side of the stadium for guests. One each concourse there is also a beer location. In the south end zone, you can also find kettle corn, Chugwater Chili and more beer stands.
- The Cowboy walk happens about 2 hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The team will walk from the Hilton Garden Inn, onto 22nd and through tailgate alley where they enter the Mick and Susie McMurry High Altitude Performance Center.
- From Cheyenne, Wyoming – Take I-80 West to Laramie (approx. 45 miles). Take the Grand Avenue exit (first exit). Turn right on 22nd Street (fifth stoplight). War Memorial Stadium and the Arena-Auditorium are on your left.
- From Fort Collins, Colorado – Take US 287 North to Laramie (approx. 65 miles). Turn right on Grand Avenue (third stoplight). Turn left on 22nd Street (sixth stoplight). War Memorial Stadium and the Arena-Auditorium are on your left.
- From Rawlins, Wyoming – Take I-80 East to Laramie (approx. 90 miles). Take the Snowy Range Road exit (second exit). Turn left on Snowy Range Road. Turn right on 3rd Street (first stoplight after overpass). Turn left on Grand Avenue (second stoplight). Turn left on 22nd Street (sixth stoplight). War Memorial Stadium and the Arena-Auditorium are on your left.
- From Casper, Wyoming – Take US 220 S (approx. 20 miles). Turn left on US 487 E to Medicine Bow (approx. 70 miles). Turn left on US 30 to Laramie (approx. 50 miles). Turn left on Grand Avenue (fifth stoplight). Turn left on 22nd Street (sixth stoplight). War Memorial Stadium and the Arena-Auditorium are on your left
- Per FFA laws, drones are prohibited from flying within 3 nautical miles of War Memorial Stadium on gameday.
- All persons using the elevator in War Memorial Stadium must present a Wildcatter Suite or Club ticket, a Press Box pass, or an elevator pass for admittance. Other Patrons needing access to the elevator should contact an event staff member for assistance.
- Gates for at War Memorial Stadium open two hours prior to kickoff.
Fan Code of Conduct
- The University of Wyoming Athletic Department promotes good sportsmanship by student-athletes, coaches, and spectators. UW Athletics requests your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner. Profanity, racial or sexist comments, or other intimidating actions directed at officials, coaches, or team representatives will not be tolerated and are grounds for removal from War Memorial Stadium.
- In the spirit of good sportsmanship and player safety, please refrain from throwing any objects in or near the playing surface. Individuals in violation of this policy are subject to removal from War Memorial Stadium
First Aid Stations
- In War Memorial Stadium, one medical station is on the lower west side and one on the upper east side.
Game day Timeline
- Parking Lots open at 8am
- Open container starts at
- 8 a.m. for games at 2 p.m. or earlier
- Noon for games at 4 p.m. or later
- Pepsi Pregame Zone in the Indoor Practice Facility opens three hours before kick off
- Cowboy Walk happens approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes before kickoff
- War Memorial Stadium opens two hours prior to kickoff
- Gates for War Memorial Stadium open two hours prior to kickoff.
- For more information visit. To order group tickets or book group experiences, please call the Ticket Office at (307) 766-7220 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a guest services kiosk located near the south endzone, west of the video board near Gate 1
Lost and Found
- Lost and found items may be turned in at the Athletic Ticket Office in the Arena-Auditorium. All items are then given to the University of Wyoming Police Department. The UW Police lost and found office may be contacted at (307) 766-5788.
- Contact the nearest Event Staff Member or Law Enforcement. Please provide as many details of the lost child as possible (i.e. gender, eye/hair color, age, clothing, etc.).
- The Brown and Gold Outlet has exclusive rights to sell merchandise inside War Memorial Stadium. They have locations on the lower west side, lower east side, and Indoor Practice Facility (Tailgate Park).
- Mobile tickets and parking passes will both be sent to ticket holders via email and can be accessed by ticket holders through the digital wallet functions on their smartphones or by downloading the WYO Gameday mobile app.
- Once you receive your tickets from the ticket office, please add them to your wallet. This helps you because if there are time changes, they will adjust if the ticket is in your wallet. Also, you will be alerted by your phone if it is in your wallet that it is nearing game time and to have it out for presentation, etc
- In accordance with Mountain West Conference policies, the use of artificial noisemakers (cowbells, horns, thunder sticks, whistles, etc.) are not permissible.
- Parking Lots will open at 8 a.m.
- Open container starts at
- 8 a.m. for games at 2 p.m. or earlier
- Noon for games at 4 p.m. or later
- Open containers are only allowed until kickoff.
- No kegs are permitted in the open container lots.
- Beer, wine and malt beverages are the only alcoholic beverages permitted in the open container lots on gamedays.
- All tailgating activities must be confined to your particular parking space(s).
- Open containers (alcohol) may not be carried on or across public streets.
- Violations of the open container permits may result in revocation of parking privileges and removal from the open container area(s). Please observe any/all posted signage.
- Open container parking areas are not provided for basketball games.
- Overnight parking is allowed on the night prior to gameday. Coordinate with the Cowboy Joe Club on your overnight parking. 307-766-6206
- Parking Passes
- All parking passes for the 2023 football season are either Mobile or Print At-Home and can be found on your account online or with the Gameday App.
- Step by step instructions for uploading mobile tickets can be found at gowyo.com/mobiletickets
- Parking passes can also be purchased on a single game basis. Click the "single game parking" option on the ticket checkout page to add a parking pass to your cart. Single game parking passes are good for entrance into the Brown Lot or Cowboy Lot on the respective gameday.
Pepsi Pregame Fan Zone
- Kicking off three hours prior to each home football game, fans can enjoy food and drink vendors, WYO merchandise sales, kids' games and activities, live music, and nationally televised football games all in the Indoor Practice Facility. The Cowboy Joe Club member tailgate is also held in the Indoor Practice Facility.
Player Guest Tickets
- For football, the pass gate for home team guests, recruits and coaches is located at the east entrance of the Arena Auditorium. The pass gate for the visiting team is also located at the east entrance of the Arena Auditorium. Admittance is checked by a pass list and a valid photo ID is required.
- Programs are sold inside the stadium; program sellers walk around each concourse.
- Glass bottles, or any other objects that may be used as a projectile, are not allowed in Athletic Department facilities. No coolers. No outside food or beverages. No flags on poles or sticks. No weapons or other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate.
- Binocular Case
- Fanny Pack
- Tinted Plastic Bag
- Oversized Tote Bag
- Camera Case
- Mesh Tote Bag
- Printed Pattern Plastic Bag
- Diaper Bag
- Portable Heaters
- Radios are permitted, but patrons are encouraged to use headsets or earphones for other fans' consideration.
- Re-entry is not allowed for all UW Athletic Events. Event Staff Members will work with individuals on a case-by-case basis to accommodate re-entry in customer service related situations. Please communicate with the gate supervisors if you need to re-enter the stadium.
- There are both men's and women's restrooms located on each concourse. Family/All gender restrooms are located on the lower east side of the stadium.
- The ride share pick up location is between gate 3 and gate 4, outside of the ticket office on the east side of the stadium.
- For RV Parking in any of the gameday parking lots are reserved. Contact the Cowboy Joe Club to secure your reserved gameday parking. 307-766-6206.
- SafeRide, the free on-call public transportation service, is available on gamedays to serve the needs of patrons. SafeRide is open to all members of the community and visitors.
- SafeRide is at Gate 1 (Southwest corner) of War Memorial Stadium. SafeRide's service areas include the Laramie city limits. Riders wishing to be picked up/dropped off downtown will need to utilize the SafeRide office located at 3rd Street & Garfield.
Scalping of Tickets
- Tickets may not be resold on University property. It does not matter whether the price is a higher value, face value or a discounted price. Scalpers should be reported to uniformed officers.
- The smoking of cigarettes, cigars, or pipes is prohibited in War Memorial Stadium except in designated areas. Smoking is prohibited throughout the Arena-Auditorium.
- Fans are encouraged to follow the Official Wyoming Athletics social media accounts for up-to-date information on game days:
- All full-time and part-time benefited (paid athletics fee) students are allowed admittance to regularly scheduled athletic events held on campus by using the student app. Students may enter War Memorial Stadium at Gate #3.
- The University has instituted a system where fans can text a message to gameday personnel. Please text UWYO to 847411 followed by your issue or question and a UW staff member will respond.
- All parking lots are open to tailgating activities such as grilling, music, and non-alcoholic beverages. However, the Ford Stadium lot, X, IPF, Brown, AA, Summit View, and H lots have specific times for open container privileges for football only. There are no open container areas for any other UW athletics event.
- By reserving your spot in "Tailgate Alley" fans receive access to their reserved spot at 5 p.m. the day prior to home games. RVs and automobiles are both welcome in "Tailgate Alley". Regular Cowboy Joe Club donation amounts do apply to parking in the Ford Stadium Lot and reserved spots in "Tailgate Alley" are very limited, contact the Cowboy Joe Club for additional information.
- The UW Athletics Ticket Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. The Ticket Office also opens at 8 a.m. for all home Saturday Football games.
- Tickets may be purchased in advance by calling 307-766-7220 or by visiting the Athletic Department's official website at www.gowyo.com/tickets. There is a no refund, no exchange policy on all tickets purchased.
- For football, tickets may be purchased on game days at the following locations:
- Arena Auditorium Willett West Entrance: Opens at 8:00am until 4 hours prior to kickoff
- East side of War Memorial Stadium (next to Gate 4): Opens 4 hours prior to kickoff
- East entrance of the Arena Auditorium for home and visiting player guest will call. Opens 2.5 hours prior to kickoff
- Arrangements for seats that accommodate wheelchairs can be made in advance by contacting the UW Athletics Ticket Office. Arrangements may also be made in advance for additional guests to accompany the wheelchair user in those areas if seating is available.
- The ticket(s) you have purchased, or hold are a revocable license to attend the athletic event. If the ticket holder's conduct endangers or disrupts players, coaches, officials or other patrons, the University reserves the right to remove the ticket holder from the premises. No refunds or exchanges will be made.
- There is a total of 7 water fountains located around the stadium. On the upper east concourse, there is one near the men's bathroom outside of section 21. On the lower east side, they are located near the two concession stands. On the upper west side there are water fountains located outside of each bathroom. There are no water fountains located on the lower west concourse.
- Per the Mountain West guidelines for lightning in the area on gameday, any lightning strike within 8 miles of War Memorial Stadium will stop the game. An all clear to resume the game will not happen until 30 minutes from the last strike.
- Fans are encouraged to take shelter in the concourse areas.
- In an extreme weather scenario, sheltering is located in the Arena Auditorium for patrons siting on the west side and the Indoor Practice Facility for patrons sitting on the east side.
- Will Call tickets may be picked up in the Arena-Auditorium at the Main Ticket Office. However, please note that will call will switch to the east side of War Memorial Stadium next to Gate #4 on gameday. A picture ID is required.
- PokesWi-Fi is non-password protected Wi-Fi available in War Memorial Stadium on gameday.
Here is all you need to know -- and the links -- for Saturday's tilt in Laramie:
WHO: Texas Tech (0-0) at Wyoming (0-0)
WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 2 at 5:30 p.m. MST
WEATHER: High of 79, low 52, partly cloudy, winds at 13 mph, 50% chance of rain
WHERE: War Memorial Stadium, Laramie, Wyo. (29,181 capacity)
RADIO: Cowboy Sports Network
TICKETS: Wyoming Ticket office
BOX SCORE: ESPN
ROSTERS: Wyoming / Texas Tech
BETMGM ODDS: Texas Tech -14, O/U 50.5 (Could be subject to change)
HISTORY: Sixth meeting (Wyoming leads series, 3-2)
HEAD COACHES: Craig Bohl / Joey McGuire
MORE UW FOOTBALL NEWS VIA 7220SPORTS:
LOOK: Pokes' unis through the years