Which Cowboys Have Played Their Final Game in Laramie?
LARAMIE -- Roughly an hour after the final whistle in Wyoming's 42-9 rout of Hawaii last Saturday afternoon in Laramie, Treyton Welch stood near the 10-yard line in full uniform.
The tight end just played his final game inside War Memorial Stadium.
Clearly emotional, it was obvious he was in no hurry to leave.
Welch was one of 18 players to be introduced on Senior Day. The Buffalo, Minn., native is one of 10 who have exhausted their eligibility. He can't return. Eight others, technically, can.
MORE UW FOOTBALL NEWS VIA 7220SPORTS:
"No," Wyoming head coach Craig Bohl bluntly said when asked if there were any surprises in that group. He added "not more than a couple" on this list that could potentially return next season.
"Some of them are looking, going 'OK, I can have another year,' like Jordan Bertagnole," Bohl said. "You know what, (he has) a kid on the way. You know, (he's) gonna move on with his life. Like I said, they've got meaningful degrees."
Let's take a look at the guys who definitely played their final game in Laramie last Saturday:
* Frank Crum -- Offensive tackle -- Laramie, Wyo.
* Andrew Peasley -- Quarterback -- La Grande, Ore.
* Wyatt Wieland -- Wide receiver -- Colorado Springs, Colo.
* Ryan Marquez -- Wide receiver -- Arvada, Colo.
* Gunner Gentry -- Wide receiver -- Aurora, Colo.
* Jakorey Hawkins -- Cornerback -- Montgomery, Ala.
* Ayir Asante -- Wide receiver -- Franklin, N.J.
* Clayton Stewart -- Punter -- Flower Mound, Texas
* Cole Godbout -- Defensive tackle -- Hudson, Wisc.
* Treyton Welch -- Tight end -- Buffalo, Minn.
Here are the guys who still have eligibility remaining if they choose to use it:
* Ralph Fawaz -- Punter -- Cache, Okla.
* Easton Gibbs -- Linebacker -- Temecula, Calif.
* Shae Suiaunoa -- Linebacker -- Clear Lake, Texas
* Deron Harrell -- Cornerback -- Denver, Colo. (Medical redshirt)
* Colin O'Brien -- Tight end -- Mission Viejo, Calif.
* Jordan Bertagnole -- Defensive tackle -- Casper, Wyo.
* Alex Brown -- Wide receiver -- Spring, Texas
* Jeremy Hollingsworth -- Running back -- Longmont, Colo.
Easton Gibbs smiled and joked on Saturday that "you never know" when asked if there's a chance he could return to Laramie next fall. Wyoming's middle linebacker made his intentions known at last July's Mountain West Media Days that this would be his final campaign. He will attempt to have a career in pro football.
Bohl stood near the north goal line during a pregame ceremony, hugging each player as they ran out of the High Altitude Performance Center one final time.
He said that moment is one of the "neatest" things he gets to do as a head coach. Still, it doesn't make the situation any easier.
"Most of those guys, I sat in their living room," Bohl added. "They had baby faces and now they're men. They've got full-grown beards. That's a neat feeling that this program had a part in developing them. They stayed the course and they stayed here."
University of Wyoming’s Top 50 Football Players
Gallery Credit: 7220Sports.com
- University of Wyoming’s Top 50 Football Players