BREAKING: Wyoming Signs 6-9 Power Forward from Kansas City
LARAMIE -- The number of available scholarships is now down to two.
Cameron Manyawu committed to Jeff Linder's Cowboys Tuesday, making that eight new faces to join the program since the official signing period opened on April 12.
"Cam has unbelievable upside and is just scratching the surface of his potential," Wyoming's head coach penned on Twitter. "He can be a special player in the Brown and Gold."
Manyawu, a 6-foot-9 forward from Kansas City, joins Kael Combs and Nigle Cook as the lone prep signees in this class. Oleg Kojenets (Nebraska), Kobe Newton (Fullerton College), Mason Walters (Jamestown), Akuel Kot (Fort Lewis) and Sam Griffin (Tulsa) have all landed in Laramie via the transfer portal.
Manyawu turned down offers from Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Valpo, per 247sports.com. The Stanley High School standout signed with Indiana State last September. He was granted a release from his national letter of intent in late March.
Terre Haute is where one of Linder's newest assistants, Bryston Williams, spent the previous two seasons.
Manyawu, like Combs, was named to the 6A All-State team. He also helped lead the Falcons to a Missouri state championship. The senior had the second highest field-goal percentage across all classifications, sinking 155-of-228 shots last season. He was also one of the top shot blockers in the state, rejecting 37 attempts.
Manyawu averaged more than 11 points and 6.4 rebounds a night while leading his team to a 30-2 overall record. He also finished with 49 steals, which was second most on the Stanley roster.
These eight signees will join holdovers Brendan Wenzel, Kenny Foster and Caden Powell on the Pokes' retooled roster. A source inside the basketball program said the staff plans to fill all 13 scholarships.
The NCAA basketball signing period will expire May 17.
READ ABOUT THE NEW GUYS RIGHT HERE:
* Sharp-shooting Sam Griffin Signs with Pokes
* Cowboys add D2 All-American guard Akuel Kot
* Linder, Cowboys basketball adds two more signees to 2023-24 class
* Wyoming basketball inks guard from famed DME Academy
* Wyoming receives commitment from NAIA Player of the Year
* Wyoming lands first commit of 2023-24 class
MORE UW HOOPS NEWS VIA 7220 SPORTS:
* PODCAST: Talking with Tom Burman
* Ken DeWeese named associate head coach of Wyoming basketball
* Bryston Williams joining Wyoming basketball staff
* Nick Whitmore added to Wyoming coaching staff